17757 Position Type:
Houston, BC, Canada Location:
Houston (BC03) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. The Opportunity:
Reporting to the Sawmill Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost control, delivery and employee engagement. The Role:
As a member of the Houston team you will:
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Address unsafe conditions as required
- Identify opportunities to improve and look for opportunities to reduce cost, while safely meeting production targets. Ensure timely action is taken when targets are not met
- Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance
- Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels
- Engage all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through implementation and sustainment of Canfor Operating System principles.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership/supervisory abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Houston residents enjoy a relaxed pace of life and omnipresent access to the area's truly great outdoors. The surrounding area is renowned for its many ultra-clean lakes and rivers, which offer world-class fishing and watersports. Houston in known as "The Steelhead Capital of Canada' and its thriving eco-tourism industry complements the area's economic mainstays of forestry and mining. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/houston-bc Job Segment:
Manager, Social Media, Tourism, Travel Industry, Management, Marketing, Travel