We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now! About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. About the team
This position is part of the Global Licensing & Royalty Management (GL&RM) team whose mandate is to support and guide SAP lines of businesses (LOBs) with licensing third-party (TP) intellectual property (IP) and other materials for use in SAP products. GL&RM manages end-to-end processes and inbound licensing standards in collaboration with other SAP expert teams to support SAP product development.
Are you a web developer who is interested in business administration? What about managing projects - both technical and non-technical ones? Are you ready to expand your experience and get hands-on with the actual business processes of your users?
Reporting to and working alongside your users, you will primarily be supporting GL&RM's initiatives through the development and maintenance of business-critical internal web tools and their backend systems. At the same time, you'll also be joining your users in providing first-level support to LOBs located across the globe - from understanding and researching TP IP licensing needs to formulating and executing business solutions. You will be responsible for liaising directly with various internal stakeholders located across the globe to deliver on both technical and business goals in a timely fashion.
As a web developer, most of your work will be individual and self-contained, not unlike a freelancer. Depending on the project, you may be given great flexibility and freedom to employ creative solutions. At the same time, there may be limited support and guidance provided to you on how you should execute said solutions.
Your business admin responsibilities are secondary to your web developer ones, but on that side you will be executing on existing internal business processes. Many of these processes are directly supported by or at times dependent on the web apps you will work on. What you'll do
Position Title:SAP iXp Intern - Web Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: January 2023
Contract Duration: 8 months; 40 hours per week
- Take ownership of web development projects; manage resources, facilitate communication, and present deliverables
- Develop, test, and maintain various internal tools as required by the team
- Identify and present proposals on opportunities for process and tool improvement
- Investigate, report, and remedy issues encountered with existing tools used by the team
- Work with stakeholders to gather use cases and requirements
- Develop project plans and manage projects autonomously
- Gain an understanding of software approval processes and its data integrity requirements
Who you are
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and support the licensing of various forms of TP IP and other materials, including: Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), web APIs/services, and so on.
- Interpret license materials as well as technical use cases to help SAP make informed decisions
- Learn, understand, execute, and help improve established processes
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Active enrollment in a computer science degree program or a business and computer science joint degree program
- Ability to address technical challenges and troubleshoot technical issues through coding
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Highly self-disciplined, self-motivated, and shows initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to cater to different audiences effectively and bridge the gap between business, engineering, and other professionals
- Can commit for 8-month full time internship from the start date indicated in this posting
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong working knowledge of React.js and Node.js
- Strong working knowledge of REST APIs
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good working knowledge of web applications
- Ability to debug full-stack applications and test APIs
- Knowledge of project management principles applied in software development is a plus
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don't miss anything about our experiences worldwide! We build breakthroughs together
- Previous full stack development co-op or work experience highly recommended
- Previous projects in web development highly recommended
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 359600 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 359600
Posted Date: Oct 28, 2022
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Software and Programming Operations and Logistics