276370 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives. What is SAP iXp?
SAP's Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP's global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
• Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
• Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.Expectations and Tasks
As a User Experience Designer on our team, you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Our development process follows the principle of continuous integration. We use design tools like Sketch, Flinto, Principle and Zeplin along with Jira in conjunction with in-house software like SAP Jam. On our team you will design and improve our cloud analytics platform, SAP Analytics Cloud, as well as cooperate with developers and sales colleagues to deliver the best user experience for our customers. We are looking for people who are eager to learn, creative and resourceful in getting things to work, and who are able to work independently and collaboratively. You are expected to:
• Create UX and visual design specifications for SAP Analytics Cloud
• Take responsibility for usability testing and providing UX sign off for upcoming releases
• Work closely with our developers and product experts to provide our customers with fresh, friendly, and elegantly simple user experiences no matter their function or role within the application
• Engage with end users, customers and the sales team to better understand the needs and workflows of the end users, and collaborate on concepts for new functionality
• Combine new design mock-ups with existing product features and build videos to show that there is a meaningful story behind each feature request
• Be adaptable to challenges and flexible with changes
• Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across all levels, teams, location and willing to take ownershipPosition Title: SAP iXp Intern - UX Designer
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Expected start date to end date: ASAPWho You Are
• You are someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious.
• You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking concepts.
• Experience with mobile apps, web-based apps, and other technologies pertaining to user interface design.
• Proficiency in latest design tools such as Sketch, Flinto, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
• Excellent visual design and user-system interaction skills.
• Strong communication skills with ability to present designs and sell solutions to stakeholders.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectivelyWhat You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, SAP, ERP, Cloud, Testing, Entry Level, Technology
Apply now »