244865 Work Area:
Marketing Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers. Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. What you’ll do:
- Position Title: SAP iXp Intern, Associate Product Manager
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 4, 2020 to January 1, 2021
Small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB) are an important customer segment for Concur, and a critical component of Concur’s growth strategy. SMB clients not only have unique feature requirements for their expense and invoice solutions, they have unique requirements for trying, buying and activating these cloud solutions. The SMB product team at Concur is dedicated to delivering a market-leading experience to these clients.
Even within SMB customer segment, there are broad ranges of client expectations. Medium-sized clients often have more sophisticated needs in terms of process control and compliance for their expense and invoice functions, whereas small business clients value simplicity and speed over control. The SMB product team is charged with understanding these different needs and driving a product roadmap that delivers revenue growth and customer satisfaction across each segment.
As an intern with this team, you will take the lead in analyzing existing customer configurations, surveying clients and Concur implementation coaches, and assessing the competition to arrive at a recommendation for the optimal feature set and onboarding experience for our small & medium sized clients.
The intern will learn important business skills including market research, product management, and strategy development. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Research and analyze customer requirements & behavior to gain insight into how small and medium sized customers use SAP Concur.
- Articulate requirements through written artifacts and presentations. Envision solutions, and drive solutions through the development framework.
- Using the Agile development process, and working with development teams, create epics & user stories to convey requirements for implementation
- Demonstrate and review implementation with customers & stakeholders.
- Create release notes, training material, and other marketing collateral.
Who you are:
- Product Management works with engineering, marketing, legal and other teams to ensure that market requirements are accurately reflected in the capabilities that engineering invests in, which ultimately defines the strategy for SAP Concur
- Product Management is a fantastic place if you like diverse, constantly changing and shifting non-structured problems and environments. It’s also a role that affords you a 360 degree view of everything that impacts the success of the product
- Share with customers, partners, analysts, influencers in general and internal teams like sales, support and services, the reason for using SAP Concur, how it works, how it will likely work in the future, and why it’s unique in the travel & expense marketplace
- This will have a direct impact on how SAP Concur is positioned and therefore purchased by customers and partners which will ultimately lead to its success in the market based on both sales and adoption
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Business, Information Systems, Computing Science, Engineering, or other similar programs
- Prior work experience, especially as a business or financial analyst or MIS resource is an asset
#iXp WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Outstanding English communication (both oral and written) skills
- Have previous internship or part time experience in Product Management, Consulting, Analysis, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields is advantageous
- Are interested in SaaS or Web engineering and/or working directly with developers
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Show interest in Product Management, including writing stories, use cases, defining requirements and acceptance criteria
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Intern, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Entry Level, Engineering, Marketing, Technology
Management and Executive