We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now! About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips. About the team
This position is part of the Global Licensing & Royalty Management (GL&RM) team whose mandate is to support and guide SAP lines of businesses (LOBs) with licensing third-party (TP) intellectual property (IP) and other materials for use in SAP products. GL&RM manages end-to-end processes and inbound licensing standards in collaboration with other SAP expert teams to support SAP product development.
The Business Analyst position is best suited for candidates with a passion to work in the GRC (Governance, Risk management, and Compliance), procurement, software license management, project management, or process management fields. You will be responsible for providing first-level support to LOBs located across the globe - from understanding and researching TP IP licensing needs to formulating and executing solutions. You will gain hands-on knowledge of SAP's software development and approval processes through managing and executing data quality, knowledge management, or process improvement projects. As a part of these projects, you will also be expected to create documentation related to inbound licensing and compliance.
This position requires working independently, achieving tight timelines, and collaboration across teams including development, sales, procurement, legal, and various compliance teams. What you'll do
Position Title:SAP iXp Intern - Business Analyst, Third-Party Licensing
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: January 2023
Contract Duration: 8 months; 40 hours per week
Who you are
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and support the licensing of various forms of TP IP and other materials, including:
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- TP web APIs/services
- TP commercial (proprietary) software
- TP contents (e.g. data sets)
- Interpret license materials as well as technical use cases to help SAP make informed decisions
- Learn, understand, execute, and help improve established processes
- Compose documentations on processes and guidelines
- Perform manual data entry and information processing under tight timelines without sacrificing quality
- Gain an understanding of software approval processes and related data integrity requirements
- Develop project plans and manage projects autonomously
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, and curiosity in the area of inbound licensing
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; ability to cater to different audiences effectively and bridge the gap between business, engineering, and other professionals
- Excellent organization skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent attention to detail to produce high-quality work used for decision-making purposes
- Highly self-disciplined, self-motivated, and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to professionally handle ambiguity, lack of information, and changing business conditions
- Ability to deliver under pressure, including quickly understanding new topics and existing frameworks
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Track record of developing creative solutions to novel problems
- Active enrollment in business administration, commerce, law, or other relevant degree programs
- Can commit for 8-month full time internship from the start date indicated in this posting
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong qualitative research skills and ability to make connections from seemingly irrelevant information
- Ability to seek out, digest, and apply brand new domain/technical knowledge efficiently
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies and use of technology to streamline processes
- Working knowledge of knowledge management methodologies and tools
- Working knowledge of basic software systems modeling (e.g. UML diagrams) and database concepts
- Working knowledge of project management tools and principles
- Customer service skills and mindset
- Knowledge on copyright and contract law a plus
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don't miss anything about our experiences worldwide! We build breakthroughs together
- Previous co-op or corporate work experience recommended
- Previous business analyst, project management, or paralegal experience a plus
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 359599 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 359599
Posted Date: Oct 28, 2022
Work Area: Administration
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9