Hillmar Industries is a ISO Certified manufacturing company located in Delta that was established over 30 years ago and has built a reputation for the superior manufacture and supply of customized crane components. Our products include Storm Brakes, Cable Reels, Thruster Disc Brakes, Power Units and Thrusters for container cranes. Our customers span the five continents of the world.
We currently have an employment opportunity within our Sales Department for a high energy, well-organized Sales Office Assistant. Your responsibilities encompass not only providing a wide variety of administrative support services to help keep our Sales Department running smoothly, but also working closely with other departments and directly with our customers to ensure their satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with our customers to understand their specific order needs, research the parts required to suit, and prepare customer quotes accordingly, including shipping costs;
- Consult with the Sales Manager to determine if appropriate to provide substitute or current model parts;
- Liaise with the Purchasing Department for updates on delivery times;
- Maintain correspondence with our customers throughout the life-cycle of their order, including providing updates on delivery, clarification on parts and resolving complaints, as needed;
- Review all orders for accuracy and commercial terms;
- Prepare packing lists and shipping documents;
- Review and bring to the attention of the Sales team any outstanding orders to be processed;
- Enter new orders into the database and update to reflect any customer changes. Ensure that the database is accurate in all respects of the order process from open to close;
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports from the database for the management team; update the sales graphs monthly;
- Carry out all administrative duties for the Sales department, including ensuring paperwork, files and binders are organized and correctly shelved;
- This position will be the backup for both the Reception and the Shipping Administrator positions;
- Assist with other duties as required.
- Must possess excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and carries out work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Able to effectively manage and prioritize work as needs/demands change, and meet deadlines;
- Strongly customer service-oriented, with the ability to solve problems efficiently and in a professional manner;
- Good computer skills is required.
- Able to learn new software programs and systems quickly;
- Able to perform general to moderately complex calculations;
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is desired, but not necessary;
- Experience/understanding of MRP (Material Requirement Planning), CRM (Customer Relation Management), purchasing and shipping processes, would be considered an asset;
- The ability to read engineering drawings and schematics would be considered an asset;
- Takes initiative, is able to follow instructions and carry out the work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in English is a must.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment is essential.
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday from 6:30am – 3:00pm. Having your own transportation is ideal and we are easily accessible by way of the new SFPR. Although transit is available, it is not as frequent for a 6:30am start.
Please visit our webpage at www.hillmar.com for more information and to apply.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in Hillmar Industries Ltd.