Sales & Marketing Coordinator
12-18 Month Maternity Leave Contract
Date Posted: February 3, 2023
Start date: April 1, 2023
End date: September 30, 2024 (tentative)
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 113 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of over $70 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair and winter Fair which average more than 700,000 people annually, Playland amusement park which welcomes 400,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, and a busy year-round portfolio of events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. In total we bring over 2 million people through the site each year. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and delivering memorable experiences.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees, or the community.
The PNE’s Sales, Marketing & Business Development Department oversees the company’s marketing, corporate partnerships, group sales, facility sales, business development and Ticket Leader. Our team are hardworking and motivated individuals that have a passion for the Events Industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE).
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Facility Sales & Business Development. This position plays a critical role in linking our sales and marketing activities. The position requires a high degree of attention to detail, project coordination and creativity. The Sales & Marketing Coordinator is pivotal in our timeline management and communication both internally and externally.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture.
- Flexible work environment.
- Innovates in both concept and process.
- Thrives and promotes a fast-paced sales & marketing culture.
- Collaborates with all departments in a positive and proactive way.
- Proud to be a part of the growth of one of Vancouver’s most iconic institutions.
- Proud to be ranked in the top 20 as one of BC’s most loved brands – BC Business 2019.
What will you do this year?
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will spend on average 30% in administration & project coordination, 50% sales activities, and 20% marketing activities. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Document sales & marketing processes, checklists, and best practices.
- Support VP of Sales, Marketing & Business Development with team communication, training coordination and administration.
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for both sales & marketing team meetings and Year-Round Events team meetings with a focus on ensuring strong cross departmental communications.
- Project coordination and timeline support on all sales and marketing projects.
- Coordinates weekly sales & marketing report showing sales to date and marketing campaign analytics.
- Manage all department VIP, client, supply, and industry databases; and will be the departments primary contact for all organizational guest list coordination.
- Handles all business prizing requests from across the company by developing prize letters and assembles gift baskets when needed.
- Liaise with the sales & marketing teams to develop and prepare proposals, tools and quotations.
- Support facility sales team in preparing event memos, file management and reconciliations as required.
- Support sales team in administering and managing Ungerboeck including data entry, training documentations, calendar management and reporting.
- Support sales teams in research, lead generation and cold calling (For Facility Sales, Corporate Partnerships & Group Sales).
- Support sales team in preparing for presentations, sales trips and site inspections.
- Support sales team onsite during events including photography and VIP coordination and client management.
- Support sales team in handling incoming general inquiries by phone & email.
- Assist sales team in coordinating parking lot rentals.
- Support and coordination of tools and materials for sales campaigns for B2B markets including trade shows, event sponsorship activations and general market campaigns.
- Support marketing team in delivering digital strategy including content development, event social media support and guest engagement through all four business channels. This includes working onsite at events and Playland.
- Coordinate all photography/videography and manage online filing system.
- Support Community Manager by coordinating room bookings, ordering F&B and meeting event logistics.
- Proven work history in a similar coordination role with understanding of sales and marketing responsibilities.
- Demonstrates creativity, the ability to think outside the box and a keenness to collaborate.
- Has strong data analysis aptitude and is comfortable inputting and interpreting data.
- Shows a sense of salesmanship with a keen sense of understanding the target audience and presenting information to them in ways that will lead to a positive impression of the company.
- Have strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail, the ability of managing the efforts of multiple people, projects and departments to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills with a keen sense of critical thinking and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with individuals at all levels within and outside the PNE organization.
- Ability to have fun and multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility to work events (evening, weekends & holidays).
- Enjoy what you do and how you do it.
- Successful candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Strategic and creative.
- Results-oriented collaborator.
- Tactful change maker.
- Committed to striving for excellence.
- Creative and collaborative team player.
- Eager to make a difference.
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The PNE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse community we proudly serve. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or age. If you require any support or accommodations throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the People & Culture Department at email@example.com.
Sales and Marketing