Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced engineer to join our dynamic sales team. We are looking for an outgoing team player with excellent technical and people skills to support our push to grow sales. Working on the sales team, you will evaluate bid specifications and design systems to comply with client requirements in order to win new business.
Your primary goal will be to read/evaluate specifications and work with clients to create systems made of QT and 3rd party equipment. This opportunity provides a significant way to advance your knowledge of sales, marketing and business with a key focus on promoting Quester Tangent.
This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing, and includes the following roles and responsibilities:
- Tender Evaluation: Reading and evaluating tenders and proposals
- Tender Package Creation: Creating compliance matrices, bid databases, scope of supply, gap analysis, architecture diagrams to meet client tender requirements
- Technical Research: Looking at 3rd party equipment for use in building our systems (i.e. modems, routers, etc.)
- Commercial Signoff: Supporting creation and signoff of commercial packages resulting from your tender packages
- Client Communication: Communicating with clients (phone, email, in person) to discuss project details
- Collaborate with internal teams: Reviewing the offer for each tender with internal teams to confirm recommended architectures/solutions (including software, hardware, networks and services)
- Sales Pipeline Management: Managing your personal sales pipeline of opportunities
Salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and a great working environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience in electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
- Ability to understand requirements and propose appropriate technical architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both internal and external – with client)
- Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Some travel required (5-10 times per year typical)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Salesforce or CRM Sales opportunity management experience
- Customer management and sales experience is an asset
- Familiarity with QT products