Job Description Summary
Are you interested in science and biotechnology and looking to kick-start a career in sales? If you're a self-motivated and communicative team player who enjoys engaging in conversations about scientific products and building relationships with potential customers, then this position at STEMCELL Technologies may be for you! As a Sales Development Representative, you will support our Field and Inside Sales Representatives to establish positive relationships with potential customers. You'll also contribute to market analysis to find new opportunities and assist with meeting administration, data entry, and document management for our teams.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Apply scientific expertise, business acumen, and solution-oriented customer service to establish and nurture positive relationships with customers
- Engage with and support prospective STEMCELL customers via LiveChat, e-mail, and LinkedIn
- Perform literature and market analysis to identify and target potential new customers, and set up meetings or calls with Sales representatives
- Assist with data entry and administrative duties for our Marketing, Inside Sales, and Field Sales teams
- Document communications and maintain the customer relationship management (CRM) database for the Sales team
- Bachelor's degree in Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or equivalent field
- A minimum of one year of sales, marketing, or customer service experience or familiarity is an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-focused environment
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Sales and Marketing