DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1300 employees across 37 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future.
This position is located at our sales and service dealership in Langley, BC. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Compact Equipment Sales Consultant will be responsible for selling compact equipment while achieving and maintaining appropriate levels of gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction. Further responsibilities include evaluating equipment proposed for purchase, repossession, or trade-in and recommends purchase price and terms to General Manager. The Compact Equipment Sales Consultant also ensures that acquired equipment is prepared for front line readiness, effectively and efficiently. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Sells Heavy Equipment brands
- Provides thorough product information and demonstration to all prospects.
- Assists customers in selecting equipment by asking questions and listening and suggesting solutions.
- Deliver equipment to customers using walk-around presentation techniques, ensuring that the customer understands the operating features, warranty and paperwork.
- Follow up on all post-delivery items and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Ensure customers are introduced to service and parts department and service department.
- Analyze equipment presented for purchase, trade-in, and repossession and determines their values
- Develop effective sales plan to provide focus to your sales actions and meet sales achievement goals.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) essential
- Post-secondary education in sales and marketing preferred
- Heavy equipment sales experience preferred
- Three years related experience and/or training
- Excellent sales skills, preferably in a related field
- Familiarity with advertising mediums, terms, success rates, etc.;
- Valid Class 5 Driver's Licence
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kg and carry short distances
- Must be able to climb into and out of heavy equipment
- Must be able to operate a keyboard and other common office equipment
- Must be available to customers outside of normal business hours in order to be successful (overtime is not paid in this position as per BC Employment Standards).
- Ability to negotiate is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Some travel will be required to review potential purchases, attend training courses or meetings, evaluate existing inventory, or meet with current and potential customers.
- Use of personal vehicle is required
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Keywords: equipment sales, heavy equipment, compact equipment, forestry equipment sales, construction equipment sales