Happy Team = Happy Customers
ClearCar isn't just a fresh take on buying cars. We're also a fresh take on automotive retail careers. Our ClearCar associates are offered flexible arrangements for a healthy work-life balance, and a spectrum of unique employee benefits that encourage personal wellness and growth. After all, happiness is a constant atClearCar, no matter where you fit in the equation.Your contribution:
- Provide exceptional customer service by determining each prospective client's vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Promote new business and contribute to the company's customer base by seeking new customers through prospecting and referral networks.
- Selling pre-owned vehicles, and Demonstrating vehicles (including test drives).
- Proactively identify client needs and offer appropriate advice in accordance with business objectives.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technological changes in all products/inventory.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all products, including features, specifications, prices, colors, options, and standard equipment. Participate in any and all product training available.
- Use closing techniques effectively; ask for help from management with closing when necessary. Be profit-minded when closing.
- Deliver pre-owned vehicles to customers, and ensure the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork, to help ensure OpenRoad lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Identify targets for finance product sales and ensure that such targets are met.
- Ensure all vehicle financial contract documentation is accurate and properly submitted to our Financial Institute partners
- Ensure all vehicle financial contracts are funded in a timely manner
- Achieve a high customer satisfaction rating
- Set goals for each month's productivity; plan and organize how to reach those objectives.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Communicate department objectives and methods and procedures to all department staff.
What it takes to be part of our dynamic team:
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Well organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information while maintaining a great deal of professionalism.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to learn quickly and be open to challenges.
- Strong financial skills and business networks.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia Driver's License with a good driving record.
- A Current VSA MDC License.
Sales and Marketing