EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who build high performing teams to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
By joining our Assurance - External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.Responsibilities
• Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the team.
• Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, client's engagement history, and planned audit approach.
• Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques.
• Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment.
• Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
• Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business.
• Develop people through teamwork, integrity, and leadership.
• Collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities.
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention.
• Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's knowledge and services. Qualifications:
To qualify, candidates must:
• Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting; having completed all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the CPA PEP program upon commencement of full-time employment
• Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong dedication to teamwork
• Be committed to integrity within a professional environment
We are currently accepting full-time applications for our Assurance - External Audit group for September 2020. To apply, please create a profile, and submit your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts (or CACEE) as one single PDF document
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance