20267 Position Type:
Cranbrook, BC, CA Location:
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. Position Summary:
The Safety Coordinator is a resource to managers, employees, contractors and external contacts in the interpretation and application of internal safety standards and regulatory requirements governing Canfor's solid wood operations. Key Responsibilities: The Safety Coordinator oversees safety programs and systems, assists in the development of policy and procedures, provides training, participates in internal and external audit programs and assists in the development and delivery of health and safety training by:
The Candidate: Experience
- Supporting the implementation and on-going improvement of the Occupational Health and Safety Program and related Safety Management Systems consistent with the various Acts, Codes and Regulations.
- Providing coaching and consultation to managers, safety committees and all employees on their accountability, roles and responsibilities, and legal obligations in the program and assisting them in integrating these duties into daily activities.
- Collecting and analyzing incident investigations, incident severity, leading and lagging indicator data and communicates trends.
- Minimum 3-year experience in workplace health and safety compliance.
- Manufacturing experience would be an asset, preferably in the Forest Industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-Secondary education in Safety Management would be considered an asset.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of Health and Safety Regulations and knowledgeable in the applicable standards (CSA, ANSI, and NFPA).
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to successfully support the implementation and ongoing improvement of safety management programs and policies.
- Well-developed verbal, written, and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of incident causation and prevention.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively, collaborate and consult at all levels of the organization to achieve excellence in health and safety standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Since this position is responsible for safety support at our Canadian solid wood operations, up to 80% regional travel is required .
This position is responsible for the safety at our Kootenay operations, so can be based from either our Radium, WynnWood or Elko operations.
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting
for this role. If you would like to be considered, please apply today.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Job Segment:
Safety, Law, Temporary, Compliance, Recruiting, Service, Legal, Contract, Human Resources