Safety and Asset Protection AdvisorArmstrong, BC
Reporting to the Plant Manager of Armstrong Lumber, the Safety and Asset Protection Advisor assists to ensure effective Occupational Health and Safety within the lumber division that is in alignment with the corporate Safety Program. The Safety and Asset Protection Advisor is responsible for planning, organizing, advising, and evaluating health and safety concerns within their divisions to support business objectives drive safety results.Qualifications:
What We Offer:
- 3 to 5 years of occupational health and safety experience, preferably in the forest industry, or equivalent industry experience
- Forestry, construction, or mining operational experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience in coaching and delivering training is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in forestry, business, health and safety, human resources, or Risk Management
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or working towards is considered an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant occupational health and safety provincial and federal legislation is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management is required
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or Tolko.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.