The Rural Programs' Liaison will work closely with the Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME)
Liaison to assist with the RCME Community Program and will seek opportunities to support other rural
programs as the position evolves. Through engagement and consultation with rural physicians and
medical leaders, this position will build relationships, increase communications, and identify opportunities
for community support and planning for the rural programs' portfolio. This role will work in collaboration
with the Ministry of Health and RCCbc, with accountability to the health authority and the Joint Standing
Committee on Rural Issues (JSC). Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a health or business-related discipline.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent, related experience including working with physicians, health care
providers and staff.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous experience working with rural programs an asset.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support change management and develop relationships with rural physicians and key
- Ability to see the big picture and bring others on board with ideas and actions.
- Knowledge of project management, problem solving and budgeting.
- Community consultation skills.
- Ability to apply judgement in setting priorities, identifying issues, and determining required action
while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
View Prince George Community