About the Organization
Absolute Results Productions Ltd, Canada's largest automotive marketing company is the industry leader in database marketing, salesperson training and Private Sale's events. We think big, we dream big and we produce big successful events across North America and Europe. We have the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter and we believe in making big things possible.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Ruby-on-Rails Developer. This is a unique and multi-faceted role where a blend of business, front-end and back-end experience is required. We want developers willing to think about the future, think big and be ready to take on new challenges as we expand our reach and scale.
- Assist in designing the Absolute Results next generation web applications
- Contribute to our Development culture by helping to improve our process and codebase
- Investigate, propose and demonstrate solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
- Maintain our reputation of delivering high-value, high-quality products and listening to our customers' needs
- Work alongside application developers and product managers to create cloud-optimized applications
- Ensure systems and application are maintained with optimal performance and scalability.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Technical school graduate, or significant equivalent post-secondary education and or experience
- 3-5 years' web application development experience
- 2+ years' experience programming with Ruby is a must-have
- Experience designing and developing web interfaces, scalable web services and APIs
- Experience programming PHP, Go Lang or C++ would be a plus
- Experience developing for cloud deployment to AWS or other cloud platform would be a plus
- 3-5 years' experience working with RDBMS such as SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good working knowledge NoSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB and Elasticsearch is a plus
- A passionate consumer of technology and able to pick up new technologies quickly to champion early adoption for business advantage
- A stickler about code quality and detest having bugs slip through TDD
- Able to deliver products and features rather than just writing code
- Good at understanding data storage models and integration of cross-system data sources
- Technically advanced with strong functional programming skills, UI design and UX skills are an asset
- Experienced with dealership /distributor or automotive sales environment would be an asset.
- Work well on projects involving cross-departmental teams
- Work with a geographically dispersed development team
- Seriously apply technology in solving business problems and communicate with all levels to present these ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Work proactively; see what is needed to be done and do it without being told
- Be a team player who thrives in a fast paced, highly dynamic entrepreneurial culture, effectively managing work across multiple simultaneous projects
- Be tight lipped and keep secrets because we do lots of cool stuff that is industry leading
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, based on your qualifications and experience.
At Absolute Results, you will find a friendly team of professionals who are working hard to build a solid foundation for our growing business. You will also find a team who believes in philanthropy. Through our Hope of Life program, employees who qualify have the opportunity to give back to the community both locally and in Guatemala.
We are a company who values training and development for our employees. In addition to birthday celebrations, staff barbecues, and volunteer opportunities we offer a comprehensive extended health and medical benefits package.
And that's not all. At Absolute Results, we celebrate new ideas and forward thinking. We pride ourselves on being 'creatively disruptive' in pursuit of innovation. We encourage our staff to contribute to our growth by pinning ideas to our Culture Wall. If you are professional, creative and open to new ideas, we want to hear from you. Apply today!