We're currently looking for part time room attendants. If you're a friendly, team orientated, and hard working individual that doesn't mind physical labour, this is the job for you!
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Room attendants are required to:
- Understand guest's service needs.
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, ensuring the hotel's established standards of cleanliness.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to WHMIS standards and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up, etc. from rooms to bring up to hotel requirements.
- Replace all amenities with correct amount and location.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest, and bring to lost and found.
- Remove trash, debris, and cobwebs from walkways and stairwells.
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards, and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
Inspect condition of rooms in detail. Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor on duty.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and good organizational skills
- Experience in customer service is an asset; previous experience in hotels preferred
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in English to articulate themselves professionally in guest interactions. Other languages is an asset
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Are physically fit.
- Must have a mode of transportation.
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas such as bending, stooping, and kneeling when required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Wages: To be negotiated
Benefits: Discounted hotel stays for self, and family.
Super 8 Abbotsford
1881 Sumas Way
Abbotsford, BC V2S 4L5
Hospitality and Tourism