Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with experience in a community Mental Health and Substance Use? We have an exciting opportunity for a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse in our Community Mental Health & Substance Use Program.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing input into the care of patients with psychiatric and/or concurrent disorders
- Performing intake assessments and offer crisis intervention
- Providing patient advocacy services with other agencies, services and service providers
- Screening psychiatric referrals from a range of internal and external sources
- Providing short-term follow-up treatment and case management services
- Communicating and consulting with Coordinators and other members of the interprofessional MHSU team on patient care issues, resources and discharge planning
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent one (1) year related experience in an acute or community Mental Health & Substance Use setting
This role is a relief full-time position located in Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver's most attractive suburbs - a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many beautiful lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.