Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with experience in emergency mental health and substance use? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for an RN/RPN to work in our Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit located at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing and coordinating the delivery of psychiatric nursing care services to patients experiencing serious mental health and bio-psychosocial problems
- Demonstrating nursing expertise and providing clinical leadership in evidence based practices through direct care activities
- Setting priorities and assigning and delegating tasks to support staff
- Participating in quality improvement activities and research
- Being part of a committed multidisciplinary team
- Participating in the orientation and ongoing education of nursing staff
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- One (1) year of recent related mental health experience in an acute, tertiary or community setting working with clients experiencing an acute episode of serious, complex and persistent mental illness and their families
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
This is a casual role located at Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) in New Westminster, BC. RCH is a provincial referral hospital (tertiary/trauma care centre) with 422 acute beds that is a University of BC Affiliated teaching hospital. RCH is located ½ hour from downtown Vancouver, and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.
Royal Columbian Hospital is currently undergoing a massive revitalization to meet the future regional and provincial health care needs of British Columbians. Anticipated to open in spring 2020, RCH will be home to our new Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre with 75 beds, a Psychiatric High Acuity Unit, 12 outpatient clinics and Fraser Health's first Older Adult Psychiatric Unit.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.