Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Primary Community Network (Chronic Disease Management) Program in Burnaby, BC. You will have the opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary team to support clients with complex chronic illness, chronic pain, mental health & substance use issues in our clinic and provide outreach in a community based setting. In addition, will provide treatment to address mental health and substance use to help create capacity for the primary care provider.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Develops a comprehensive shared patient/client care plan, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, primary care provider, client and/or family, other healthcare providers and/or referring clinics
- Plans, coordinates, and delivers educational sessions to clients and their family members
- Actively participating in and supporting the total therapeutic program of the Unit
- Writing timely and accurate reports of relevant assessments and observations
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM)
- One (1) year recent related experience providing treatments services to individuals with complex or chronic illness, chronic pain, mental health and/or concurrent disorders, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid BC Driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
This is a temporary full-time role based out of Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver's most attractive suburbs - a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many breathtaking lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
You can join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.