Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Mental Health Older Adult program located in Langley.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and caring work environments where you can bring your real passion for emergency nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth. As services expand and improve, we are implementing new leading practices, including "rapid access to care", at our sites.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing comprehensive nursing assessments and making recommendations
- Carrying out treatment plans and interventions, including administering prescribed psychotropic medication, monitoring the effects, and encouraging medication compliance
- Consulting and collaborating with members of the interprofessional team
- Providing education on mental health and substance use issues to professionals, care givers and community groups
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This role is a casual position located in located in Langley, BC. Langley is comprised of the City of Langley and the Township of Langley, including the village of Fort Langley - the birthplace of BC. They have led to preserve their small town atmosphere while still offering all the amenities of a major bustling urban centre and a range of housing options from small farms to apartments.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.