The Risk Management Specialist is responsible for providing management and administrative supports in the development of the Program and Project Risk Management Plan in support of new vessel construction by Seaspan Shipyards under the Federal Fleet Renewal Program (FFRP). Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Works with Risk Manager to support the development, implementation and management of VSY Integrated Risk Framework, risk appetite and procedures.
- Coordinates and administrates information requirements to cover program, operational, financial and IT risks.
- Works with Risk Manager to create, update and communicate program Risk & Opportunities and the associated program Risk metrics.
- Provides assistance to promote the awareness and application of risk management across the organization.
- Assists Risk Manager in the risk loaded IPS (Integrated Program Schedule) modelling and simulation process.
- Works with Risk Manager to create, update and maintain Risk Register and mitigation plans to demonstrate consistency of information is in line with corporate risk strategy.
- Assists Risk Manager to maintain a full suite of Risk, Opportunity and Issue Processes.
- Runs Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Provides support in the management of the risk identification process and assists Risk Owners to access risk category, probability and impact.
- Coordinates and assists in various program risks control boards and meetings.
- Supports weekly and monthly Risk review process for the monitoring, trending, variance analysis, forecasting and action tracking.
- Creates and maintains Risk metrics to be included in various program status reports.
- Assists VP Program Management and the Director, Program Controls & Analysis in presenting and explaining Risk and Opportunity metrics and analyses of probable outcome.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Project Management.
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification will be an asset.
- 5 years of progressing and relevant experience in Risk Management field in a complex multi-project or program environment preferably in Shipbuilding or Construction industries.
- Strong knowledge in project management processes; such as scheduling, budgeting, scope and change management.
- Working knowledge of an advance Risk toolset (e.g. Active Risk Manager (ARM) or Primavera Risk Analysis).
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Primavera P6.
- Excellent oral and written communications, including the ability to communicate with others with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail; and strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure while being adaptable and open-minded to change and improvements.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades