is currently seeking a Bridge CAD Technician to join our Bridges group, located in our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the BC/Yukon Bridge Manager, this position will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of bridge related projects including new bridge design and bridge rehabilitation design delivered through design-bid build or alternative-delivery procurement methods. Under supervision of a design engineer, you will be responsible for variety of tasks including development of preliminary and detailed design 3D Revit bridge models and drawings, checking and reviews of structural drawings, calculations of structural quantities, review of shop drawings, and other activities supporting our bridge design team. Our transportation projects are delivered in Civil 3D and our structural teams are developing structural models in a fully integrated 3D digital environment. This is an exciting time to join our team!A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Develop 3D models and produce design drawings using Revit. Create custom 2D and 3D Revit families to be used on projects or for templates and standards development.
- Use or develop Dynamo scripts to help automate tasks in Revit
- Prepare preliminary and detailed 2D CAD drawings for bridges, culverts and retaining walls;
- Extract quantities from the 3D models, 2D drawings to compile a bill of quantities and assist in the preparation of project tender documents.
- Collaborate with engineers and design professional across all transportation disciplines in a digital design environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a Technician or Technologist program in Structural, Civil or Transportation Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
- Three to eight (3 to 8) years of experience using Revit, AutoCAD or Civil 3D, on bridge design or building design projects preferably in consulting environment;
- Working experience in 3D modeling using Revit;
- Experience with digital design of highway, rail and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Working knowledge of BC Ministry of Transportation and Highways bridge drafting standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams;
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Expected Salary (all locations): $53,900 - $91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians