Talize is a proudly Canadian owned and operated national for-profit retailer offering quality resale apparel and housewares at unbeatable prices. As Canada's newest and most unique shopping experience we offer new, like-new, and vintage items all under one roof. That means fantastic deals on brand names and designer fashions, and housewares!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support management by coordinating the efforts of Retail Floor Team Members to ensure daily department standards are achieved.
- Assist in the training of Retail Floor Team Members in point of sale operations, customer service, merchandising, and recovery duties - among other tasks.
- Coach Team Members throughout the shift to ensure standards are achieved and maintained.
- Support management with providing direction to Retail Floor Team Members regarding company policies and procedures.
- Recognize and report policy infractions to management.
- Assist management with the implementation of employee recognition programs and events.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all register areas, the retail floor, fitting rooms and washrooms are kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
- Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft.
- Provide a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to management and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Immediately report employee or customer accidents to management.
- Accurately handle all register transactions including exchanges, refunds, cancellations, tax exemption, etc.
- Promptly provide pricing verification for merchandise when tags are missing or when a price is in question at the register.
- Handle store funds securely and process cash deposits in a timely manner.
- Ensure that register areas and the retail floor are stocked at all time.
- Promote a positive shopping experience by ensuring the store remains visually appealing through properly displayed merchandise.
- Ensure all customer needs are addressed including answering customer inquiries and solving customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist the Retail Floor Manager and Retail Floor Supervisors with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers, customers and while using the store intercom system.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested by management.
- 1+ years of experience working for Talize Inc.
- 1+ years of experience working in retail.
- Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
- Career Progression- Eager to develop existing competencies and actively seeking growth within the organization.
- Change Management- Embrace change and understand new responsibilities and duties.
- Communication Skills- Interact effectively with team members and customers at all times, in various situations.
- Problem Solving- Identify the cause and effects of problems in the department and present management with an appropriate solution.
- Commitment to Customer Excellence- Interactions with customers is positive, especially while resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
- Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift .
- Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
- Exposure to dust - for all designated shifts.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
- Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays . The candidate must have open availability.
- Interaction with customers, clients, and the public at large.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.