The Friendship Food Company was founded in 1997 and is based in British Columbia. We currently own 15 A&W Restaurant throughout the lower mainland (locations in North Vancouver, Burnaby, Port Moody, Coquitlam, New Westminster and Surrey).
At A&W, we’re on a journey to source simple, great-tasting ingredients, farmed with care. We’re proud to have high standards when it comes to our food and you can taste it in everything we serve.
We never stop looking for unique individuals who can infuse our restaurant with original ideas, creative solutions and an extraordinary guest experience. We offer competitive wages, a comfortable work environment, flexible hours, benefit packages (for those who qualify), and a chance to grow right alongside us. By joining The Friendship Food Company your future career opportunities are endless!
We are currently looking for
Location: Lower Mainland
Salary: 32k to 45k, Plus potential 30% bonus paid quarterly based on performance
Benefit: Health & Dental
- Staffing, training, developing, coaching and evaluating unit management and crew;
- Planning and budgeting unit sales and profitability in conjunction with the Area Operations Manager;
- Monitoring unit sales and profitability on an ongoing basis;
- Implementing corporate marketing programs;
- Devising tactics to build sales and implementing local marketing programs;
- Monitoring sales/labor ratios and costs of goods continually, and implementing corrective action if necessary to ensure that they are controlled within acceptable levels;
- Dealing with customer complaints;
- Monitoring service times, crew/customer interaction, food quality and preparation, and unit cleanliness continually to ensure that operations standards are being met;
- Working with the management team to identify deficiencies and opportunities, and to take action to improve overall service and customer satisfaction;
- Monitoring equipment use, cleaning, maintenance and calibration;
- Ensuring that equipment standards are being observed and working with management to control maintenance costs;
- And managing banking and payroll functions.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1+ Year(s) in a similar type of role in a management position;
College Diploma or some University required;
Valid Driver’s License;
Must complete food safety certification within 30 days of hire;
Must complete WSIB Phase 1 Certification within 30 days of hire;
Computer knowledge in Word & Excel;
Excellent customer, interpersonal and organization skills required;
Professional positive team leader, dependable, takes initiative;
Should expect to work beyond 44+ hours per week;
Must be available to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.