The Respiratory Therapist provides routine and intensive cardio-respiratory care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, clinical pathways and professional standards. In this role, you will:
- Reviews patient's medical history, conducts assessments of the patient's pathophysical condition, recommends appropriate care and documents patient response and outcomes.
- Sets up, checks, performs specified quality control procedures and operates respiratory equipment, making adjustments as appropriate.
- Initiates, monitors and assesses ventilator dependent patients as per care protocols and daily care.
- Recommends and administers individualized medical gas therapies.
- Provides invasive and non-invasive cardio-pulmonary monitoring.
You have the ability to:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy and successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care examination.
- Current and continuing registration with British Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification.
If this sounds like you, apply today! About Us BC Children's Hospital (BCCH)
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and function efficiently despite interruptions and workload fluctuations.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate all pertinent respiratory related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC)
, a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 17, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia. BCCH
is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Temporary, Full-Time (until March 2020)
- Wage: $29.62 to $36.97 per hour
- As per rotation; 06:30-18:46 and 18:30-06:46
- 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 87563-2331852 Work Site Job Type Temporary, Full-Time Temporary Duration 6 Months Salary/Rate $36.97 / Hour FTE 1.0 Hours of Work 06:30-18:46 and 18:30-06:46 Work Days Rotating Expiry Date 10-Oct-2019