Are you a Respiratory Therapist with Neonatal experience? We have an exciting opportunity for Respiratory Therapist I role at BC Women's Hospital in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
The Respiratory Therapist will help us achieve excellence in clinical practice and quality patient care by:
- Providing routine and intensive cardio-respiratory care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, clinical pathways and professional standards.
- Reviewing the patient's medical history, conducting assessments of the patient's pathophysical condition, recommending appropriate care and documenting patient response and outcomes.
- Setting-up, checking, performing specified quality control procedures and operating respiratory equipment while making adjustments as appropriate.
- Initiating, monitoring and assessing ventilator-dependent patients as per care protocols and daily care.
- Providing invasive and non-invasive cardio-pulmonary monitoring.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Graduated from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy and successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care examination.
- Current and continuing registration with British Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification.
If this sounds like you, apply today! About Us BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and function efficiently despite interruptions and workload fluctuations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all team members.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate all pertinent respiratory-related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BC Women's is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Temporary, Full-Time (until May 2020)
- Wage: $29.62 - $36.97 per hour
- Rotating; 0645-1900, 1845-0700
- 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 2N9
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant)
for this position, you must apply
online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 26 , 2019.
If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 88068-2332080 Work Site 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver Job Type Temporary, Full-Time Temporary Duration 9 Months Salary/Rate $29.62 - $36.97 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0645-1901, 1845-0701 Work Days Rotating Expiry Date 15-Nov-2019