Position Title Resource Centre Advisor Posting Number 01245SA Location Langley Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 10/16/2021 End Date 10/15/2022 Day of the Week Saturdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Mondays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
This part-time contract position is available for the period from October 16, 2021 to October 15, 2022 and will be a maximum of 28 hours per week.
Located at the Langley and Aldergrove WorkBC offices this is a part-time position which will include Wednesdays and Thursdays evenings from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 p.m.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Resource Centre Advisor will represent Douglas College at the Langley & Aldergrove WorkBC Centres.
The primary role will be to greet clients as well as coordinate and organize all resource information.Responsibilities
1. Assist with greeting clients and visitors ensuring clients sign-in, answer queries and direct appropriately;
2. Provide consistent and accurate personal responses to every inquiry about WorkBC Services within one business day of receiving the inquiry;
3. Support Clients in accessing all relevant resources, including any specific resources that may be identified for individual clients and direct and refer the Client to other programs and resources, including WorkBC Apprentice Services and WorkBC Assistive Technology Services;
4. Receive and review applications for services from the On line Employment Services Portal;
5. Provide assistance with the online application starting with obtaining a Basic BCEID ;
6. Complete reports as per the requirement of the Langley WorkBC and submit to the Langley Centre Manager;
7. Ensure that appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place and strictly followed to capture and celebrate Client's sustained employment at 4, 24, and 52 weeks.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES :
8. Participate in weekly team meetings and community outreach.
9. Miscellaneous as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need •Post-Secondary diploma/degree, in employment services related field or equivalent level of experience; •Certified Career Development Practitioner ( CCDP ) Certification an asset; •Commitment to continuous learning and development; •Ability to exhibit respect for clients, client diversity, and community partners; •Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; •Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, database entry and the use of online-demand meeting applications and desk-top sharing; •Knowledge of local labour market and labour market trends; •Knowledge of WorkBC and its mandate an asset; •Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check. •Experience providing customer service and resolving issues in person & virtual service delivery environment; •Experience working with individuals with complex barriers and a wide range of cultural backgrounds; Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Open Date 09/03/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY October 10, 2021. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8132
Education and Training