The following are requirements to work in Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or Provincially Designated Mental Health Facilities (Iris House & Seven Sisters) as outlined in the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Order. For information on the PHO order please reference the following website: COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca). Within the website reference document: Residential Care Staff Covid-19 Preventative Measures PHO Order.
1. As of October 12, 2021 an employee must be fully vaccinated (7 days post second dose)
2. Between September 13-October 11, 2021, an employee must have 1 dose and follow preventive measures outlined in the order
Under the general direction of the Assisted Living Coordinator, assists clients with the activities of daily living to promote maximum independence. Helps promote and restore individuals and family functioning to prevent the placement of clients from their homes. Performs duties in accordance with Northern Health guidelines, policies and procedures. Qualifications
- Grade 12.
- Completion of Home Support worker and/or Residential Care Aide certificate.
- Class 5 Driverâ€™s License.
- Food Safe certificate.
- At least one (1) year of community health experience.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to teach self help and self care skills.
- Maintenance of a high degree of personal hygiene.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to demonstrate and explain independent living skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to work directly with a diverse cultural group.
- Ability to instruct.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
View Prince Rupert Community