In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Resident Care Attendant provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures. As part of the multidisciplinary team and under the direction of the Team Leader/RCC/RN/RPN/LPN, the Resident Care Attendant performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. Transports residents and performs clerical duties. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Smithers Community