In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Manager, the Resident Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs of residents. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nurses Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.
Posted: September 15, 2018
Closes: October 22, 2018