The following are requirements to work in Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or Provincially Designated Mental Health Facilities (Iris House & Seven Sisters) as outlined in the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Order. For information on the PHO order please reference the following website: COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) . Within the website reference document: Residential Care Staff Covid-19 Preventative Measures PHO Order.
1. As of October 12, 2021 an employee must be fully vaccinated (7 days post second dose)
2. Between September 13-October 11, 2021, an employee must have 1 dose and follow preventive measures outlined in the order.
In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Manager, the Resident Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs of residents. Transports residents and performs clerical duties. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nurses Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Fort St. John Community