Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Follow the path to an exciting career in long-term care. Help create a home environment for our seniors at Acropolis Manor.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Care Aide provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures. As part of the multidisciplinary team and under the direction of the Manager or designate, the Registered Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating Acropolis Manor
is composed of three units East Pod, North Pod and West Pod. All Pods are located on the main floor. There are 56 beds including three respite beds plus five short stay beds. Acropolis Manor is attached to Prince Rupert Regional Hospital through a covered link on one end. Downtown is minutes away and residents can access Handi-Dart and taxi services as needed. The Recreation Therapist who develops therapeutic and leisure interventions that are tailored to support the mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being of the residents who live at Acropolis Manor establish recreation opportunities. Prince Rupert
is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won't find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert , known as the halibut capital of the world.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.