Reporting to the Nurse; RN, RPN, LPN, or designate, and as a member of the health care team, provides care to residents in accordance with the organization's philosophy, goal and objectives. Assists residents to meet their physical, emotional and psychological needs that facilitate independence. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program.
- Recent (within 5 years) experience in a long term care / complex care setting with experience working with the elderly / disabled in the community OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the resident population.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to recognize change in resident conditions and report accordingly.
NOTE: Must have current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry.
View Prince Rupert Community