The following are requirements to work in Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or Provincially Designated Mental Health Facilities (Iris House & Seven Sisters) as outlined in the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Order. For information on the PHO order please reference the following website: COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca). Within the website reference document: Residential Care Staff Covid-19 Preventative Measures PHO Order.
1. As of October 12, 2021 an employee must be fully vaccinated (7 days post second dose)
2. Between September 13-October 11, 2021, an employee must have 1 dose and follow preventive measures outlined in the order
Reporting to the Nurse; RN, RPN, LPN, or designate, and as a member of the health care team, provides care to residents in accordance with the organizationâ€™s philosophy, goal and objectives. Assists residents to meet their physical, emotional and psychological needs that facilitate independence. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program.
- Recent (within 5 years) experience in a long term care / complex care setting with experience working with the elderly / disabled in the community OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the resident population.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to recognize change in resident conditions and report accordingly.
View Prince Rupert Community