Job Description Summary
Are you ready to start your scientific career with a bench-based role in the fast-paced and collaborative environment of Canada's largest biotech? If you're a creative problem solver who is enthusiastic about working on a team, and enjoys learning new laboratory techniques, then this position is for you!
As a Research Technologist, you'll be directly involved in lab-based research to develop and characterize various mammalian cell lines in order to validate cytokine and growth factor products. Working collaboratively with the Protein and Antibody Technologies team in the R&D Department, you will spend your days in the lab running experiments, interpreting and visualizing data, and crafting reports to present to your supervisor and the larger team. This position is perfect for recent BSc science graduates who want to continue honing their laboratory skills and develop as researchers while contributing to innovative science around the globe.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Perform mammalian cell culture, protein/antibody purification, and biological assays (ie ELISA, Reporter Assays) to support various cytokine, growth factor, and cell line development portfolios
- Present data in team and departmental meetings, contribute to data interpretations, and plan future experiments
- Validate new products, product components, and technologies
- Keep accurate and detailed records of lab procedures and results
- Help maintain laboratory supplies and operations to ensure a safe and functional lab environment
- BSc/Diploma in biotechnology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, or molecular biology with 6 months to 4 years relevant lab experience (including co-op, honors thesis etc)
- Experience in mammalian cell culture is an asset; knowledge of protein/antibody purification and developing assays (including ELISA) highly valuable
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment, have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and be receptive to feedback and coaching
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive