Job Description Summary
Currently we have an opening for a Research Technologist, Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology & Epithelial to work on a part-time basis (maximum of 20 hours per week) located in our Vancouver office. You will be required to work over the weekends on a consistent basis -- if you're seeking an unconventional work schedule that includes weekend work, this role may be the right fit for you!
This part-time position will be responsible for supporting groups working on the development, testing and analysis of media and substrates for primary cell and human pluripotent stem cell maintenance and differentiation cultures. The work will be extremely collaborative and team-based, and requires a high level of organization and communication with diverse groups across the Research & Development department. The Research Technologist will be responsible for documentation, communication of any complications, and troubleshooting. They will be responsible for maintaining written records of laboratory procedures and all lab work according to company standards.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing cell culture maintenance and supporting all experiments, including testing novel technologies in house for maintenance of primary human cells and human pluripotent stem cells
- Responsible for organizing and managing schedule of various experiments and tasks
- Communicates with team members
- Performs calculations independently
- Troubleshoots experiments, identifies abnormal or unexpected trends
- Supports quality initiatives and lab operations
- Mandatory weekend work (Saturday and Sunday) will be required
- BSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with experience in cell biology
- Candidates without a BSc will also be considered if they have relevant co-op experience
- Experience with cell culture techniques is an asset
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both one-on-one and in a group setting
- Highly organized, able to multitask, with good attention to detail
- Skilled in wide range of laboratory techniques and analytical instrumentation
- Experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques including quantitative PCR, immunocytochemistry, microscopy, immunoblotting, transfection, and flow cytometry is an asset
- Experienced in performing independent laboratory research
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive