Are you seeking an environment where you can apply state-of-the-art computer science techniques, data-driven decision making, and problem solving skills in a real world setting? Do you want to build large-scale reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems and write interactive tools that directly impacts quality of work and productivity of tens of thousands of people processing billion of dollars worth of inventory every year?
We are looking for strong software development engineers to work on core software used in Amazon Fulfillment Technologies. Work with our global fulfillment network and build software that makes our processes and staff more efficient, reduces their learning curve and helps them be more productive.
A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable and high performance services and architectures require exceptional technical expertise. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale with minimal human intervention.
Salary Range: $80,000 to $140,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
•Paid Time Off
Basic Qualifications • Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technology field
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• 2+ years of experience in operations research or research science
• Ability to research, identify, evaluate, and implement potential changes to complex algorithms
• Familiar with fundamentals of statistics and data analysis
• Ability to find simple solutions to ambiguous large-scale problems
• Experience with production scheduling algorithms and optimization.
• Familiar with fundamentals of combinatorial optimization
Preferred Qualifications • All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Posted: February 13, 2018
Closes:April 6, 2018