Research Project Coordinator, Centre for Lymphoid Cancer BC Cancer Vancouver Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021. What you do
What you bring
- Contribute to the development of budgets for research proposals and projects in collaboration with the Leader or designate; monitors expenditures for assigned projects, grants and core activities to ensure that funds are spent as planned and within budget and that project objectives are achieved. Provide updated budget summary/milestone information and prepares written progress reports with the Leader or designate for projects, grants and collaborations.
- Establish procedures to ensure that objectives for assigned projects, grants and core activities are met. Researches project management methodologies, tools and techniques for application in assigned projects.
- Provide direction and advice throughout the project lifespan at all levels of the Centre/Entity and on multiple projects and programs; participate in initiatives in project management research, methodology, design, planning, implementation, integration, evaluation and ongoing monitoring.
- Identify, problem solve, and work to remove barriers to successful project completion, with emphasis on resolving issues and facilitating collaborative relationships on assigned projects across departments, collaborators, funding agencies and external stakeholders. Identify interdependencies between various groups and projects within the Centre/Entity and facilitates communication among task groups.
- Evaluate whether project objectives/milestones are met in consultation with the department heads and leaders and identify discrepancies for the attention of the Leader or designate. Recommend strategies and develops plans in collaboration with project leaders to resolve project efficiency issues where required.
- Provide work direction to study clerks and other study staff, students, trainees and staff as required. Provide feedback on performance and orients new staff within assigned projects.
- Liaise with grant/core agencies and collaborators on project objectives and scientific issues and refers strategic issues to the Leader as required.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to completion of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in Science or Business Administration.
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience in project management and/or a research development management role and/or certification as a Project Management Professional.
What you have
What we bring
- Broad knowledge of project design, methodologies, developing and managing project strategies, evaluation and monitoring, project management principles, and multiple project interaction and integration.
- Manage multiple resource intense projects within a fast paced environment.
- Organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Organize work and communicate effectively.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Work under pressure of deadlines.
- Accept responsibility and work independently.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until August 8, 2023)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 1L3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0900-1700
Requisition Number: 111486 What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 16, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.