Children's & Women's Health Centre, Vancouver
Women's Health Research Institute, BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre, Vancouver BC
The Research Projects Coordinator primary responsibility is to work with the PI and co-Is on a breast health study. This position entails recruitment, collects and enters data, maintains source documentation and study regulatory documents and facilitates procedures as per study protocol. The incumbent will have a level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in a Health or related discipline and GCP training is an asset.What you'll do
What you bring
- Participates in a number of research project initiatives by providing feedback to Investigators, Managers and Directors on participant recruitment and data collection. Highlights concerns and issues from Research Assistants regarding data entry, survey administration, data collection and communicates concerns to the Research Projects Manager and/or PI along with recommendations for improvement.
- Compiles, analyzes, summarizes and communicates data to facilitate project progress. Evaluates whether project objectives/milestones are met in consultation with the thematic unit leader(s) and Research Projects Manager.
- Provides feedback on issues/concerns with past projects and makes recommendations to assist the thematic unit leader(s) and Research Projects Managers in the preparation of letters of intent, grants and collaborations and final applications for inter- and trans-disciplinary research grants
- As directed by the Research Projects Manager, the Coordinator facilitates ethics submissions by communicating with the ethics board and directing the Research Assistant to upload documents, type consent forms etc.
- Assists in the recruitment of suitable research project participants by performing duties such as contacting eligible participants, communicating research projects goals and processes to participants, explaining potential risks and possible benefits, answering participant questions and reviewing and witnessing consent forms. Maintains research subject records using appropriate filing systems.
- Schedules and coordinates study visits by booking rooms for use in interviews and communicating with participants about appointments by phone/email.
- Drafts consent forms in consultation with the Research Projects Manager and/or PI, completes case report forms and follows up on data queries brought to their attention by Research Assistants or Analyst. Acts a resource for Research Assistants.
- Contributes to the preparation, assembly, presentation and distribution of project proposals and reports by compiling information, preparing reporting information including charts, tables and figures. Responds to requests from Research Managers for updates on study progress.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the Research Assistants in conducting research literature searches and reviews and edits and formats for reports and articles for submission to journals.
- Acts as a liaison between research managers, research assistants and participants.
You have the ability to:
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience in a health research environment.
- Knowledge of the process of research projects from proposals to publications.
- Knowledge of grant application procedures and granting agency requirements, scientific terminology and research methodology in the health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments within a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy using word processing, database and internet applications and tools.
What's in it for you
- Organize work and communicate effectively.
- Work under pressure of deadlines.
- Accept responsibility and work independently.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion while using confidential information.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Part-Time (0.80 FTE) (To 12/07/2021)
Hours of work:
100836What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca, part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.