Job Description Summary
The Research Associate will support the development of novel cutting-edge products, protocols and technologies for application in the field of PSC culture scale-up and differentiation. They will independently perform experiments, including the appropriate controls, and analyze results using appropriate statistical methods. In addition, the Research Associate will contribute to maintaining the general functioning of the R&D laboratory, and will maintain written records of laboratory procedures, experimental results and all lab work according to company standards.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine cell culture for maintenance of hESC lines.
- Perform experimental protocols and assays designed with supervisor input for pluripotent stem cell expansion in bioreactors.
- Perform routine cell culture analysis including flow cytometry, (confocal) microscopy and immunoassay.
- Collect, collate and analyze data for presentation at group meetings as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain an understanding of human pluripotent stem cell research and applications related to new product development.
- Learn to troubleshoot experiments and identify anomalous or unexpected results.
- Validate new products and new product components.
- Assist with maintaining lab functioning as requested (eg. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, safety measures).
- Assist with department operations as requested (eg. filing reports, data entry).
- Comply with required QMS procedures including maintenance of assigned bound laboratory notebook.
- BSc/BASc or MSc/MASc in Chemical, BioEngineering or BioMedical Engineering.
- Knowledge of statistical experiment design and optimization methodologies.
- Background and experience in cell biology and cell culture.
- Interest in product development to support scale-up of cell culture.
- Skilled in a range of laboratory techniques and analytical instrumentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!