Research Assistant 2 Research Genome Administration,BC Cancer, Vancouver What you'll do
What you bring
- Performs a variety of established technical procedures according to written protocols.
- Completes experiments by following established laboratory procedures according to written protocols.
- Records results, including computer data entry.
- Provides input regarding modification of procedures as requested by the Department Head, Principal Investigator, or designate.
- Keeps and stores cell lines and primary cultures.
- Maintains and stores test materials and products.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- May demonstrate work methods or procedures to less experienced assistants as designate
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized Bachelor's program in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Bachelor of Science);
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory.
You will have the ability to:
What's in it for you
- Familiarity with good clinical research practice and ethics applications
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home. Temporary, Full-Time (End date April 18, 2022) Research Genome Admin, BC Cancer, Vancouver Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Monday - Friday, 0830-1630 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 18, 2021, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.