Research Assistant II -Quality Support Technician BC Cancer Victoria Job Summary
The Quality Support Technician will work as a member of the BC Cancer's Immunotherapy Program based at the Deeley Research Centre (DRC) in Victoria. The successful candidate will assists in the maintenance of Quality Control (QC) systems in support of the DRC's immunotherapy manufacturing laboratory. These systems include, but are not limited to inspection of incoming supplies and reagents, document creation and review, QC assay performance and validation, environmental monitoring, and QC instrument qualification/calibration/preventive maintenance. Under the supervision of the QC Specialist, and other members of the QC team, the Quality Support Technician will prioritize and perform the following duties. What you'll do
What you bring
- Inspect incoming supplies and reagents for conformance to specifications.
- Conduct analytical testing on in-process and finished immunotherapy products.
- Perform routine environmental monitoring of manufacturing facilities.
- Coordinate regular maintenance and calibration of QC equipment.
- Perform cleaning activities in the QC area.
- Order QC supplies and reagents.
- Assist with QC equipment qualification activities.
- Assist with QC assay validation activities.
- Create and review Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure work is carried out in compliance with established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assign.
What's in it for you
- Graduation from a recognized Diploma program in Biotechnology.
- One (1) years of recent related laboratory experience including experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical/diagnostic Quality Control (QC) environment and familiarity with endotoxin testing, flow cytometry, PCR and microbiological techniques or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Knowledge of GMP/GLP/ISO guidelines, cell therapy, immunology and/or immunotherapy would be considered an asset.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until November 2022)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 830-1630
Requisition Number: 98288 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 23 rd , 2020
.If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact theInternal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.