These positions supervise designated staff by scheduling and assigning work, and assist in daily animal care operations by leading various health monitoring and colony management programs, trouble-shooting minor issues and performing other administrative tasks. These positions also maintain the daily care of laboratory mice and perform various surgical procedures and laboratory techniques. In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, review and update animal care standard operating procedures for assigned area.
- Lead various animal care programs such as health monitoring and colony management.
- Maintain current knowledge of, and ensures compliance with, animal care regulations.
- Supervise designated staff by scheduling and assigning work, providing orientation and training and monitoring performance.
- Maintain daily care of laboratory mice including maintaining adequate food and water levels and observing mice for general health conditions.
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us BC Cancer
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized program in Animal Health or Veterinary Technology, or a Bachelor's program in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Animal Science); plus
- Five (5) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer. BC Cancer
is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
- Regular, Full-Time
- Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours
- 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 87874-2331894 Work Site 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0800-1600 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 10-Oct-2019