RES O 21R - Operational Data & Research Analyst
Research Officer R21
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$63,446.31 - $72,142.65 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> BC Public Service Agency
Ministry Branch / Division
Operational Strategies & Integration Services
Job Summary An opportunity to contribute your valued expertise
This team provides leadership, reporting and coordination for key operational and corporate projects, ensuring a streamlined and collaborative approach across the Human Resources Services and Solutions (HRSS) division and the broader Public Service Agency (PSA). The team also supports operations with training, quality assurance and data analytics. This work ensures that operational staff are supported to provide consistent, quality service to their clients and leadership is supported in making evidence-based business decisions.
The Operational Research & Data Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, Reporting & Developmental Strategies, responds to information needs by developing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and communicating conclusions and recommendations through briefings, presentations, and various data and information reports. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Related post-secondary education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor's Degree in statistics, mathematics or social science field, or equivalent) may be considered.
• Experience in data analysis and conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
• Experience developing reports and presentations for management and executive level audiences.
• Experience consulting with business owners to understand reporting requirements.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
• 2 or more years of experience in any of the experience statements above.
• Experience supporting service delivery teams to identify/interpret reporting requirements.
• Experience using Power BI.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jennifer.Oleary@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Upon completion of training, and satisfactory performance, there may bean opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
This position is in the Strategic Projects & Operational Support (SPOS) team of the Operational Strategies and Integration Services Branch. SPOS works in partnership with PSA staff, leadership and external contractors to deliver projects aligned with corporate and operational goals and priorities. Working for the BC Public Service
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions. How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above. Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes. Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible. Additional Information:
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Policy, Research and Economics