RES O 21R - Health Information Analyst Position Classification
Research Officer R21 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$59,802.68 - $68,060.72 annually Close Date
7/13/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
PAW/HSIAR Job Summary Health Information Analyst
Research Officer R21
An eligibility list may be established to fill similar temporary and permanentvacancies within the HSIAR division.An excellent opportunity tocontribute your research expertise to the delivery of health care in British Columbia
The Health Sector Information, Analysis and Reporting Division (HSIAR) sets the foundation for the delivery of high-quality health sector information, analytics and reporting.The Division leads key information management functions including data stewardship, governance, security, access, analytics and reporting, quality assurance, performance measurement and evaluations functions.HSIAR sets out to exercise effective governance over data resources, while enabling timely and secure access to data, supporting an integrated, modernized model of information sharing across the health sector. The Division leads the overarching provincial analytic strategy and approach, and performs comprehensive, integrated analytics, research and evaluation of health sector performance. To ensure a consistent and timely approach to health system evaluation and continuous improvement, the Division is responsible for the development of the overarching policy framework and monitoring of outcomes and impacts of health system policy direction.
As a Health Information Analyst, you will be responsible for retrieving and validating data from various databases, developing reports, and working with clients to determine information needs and requirements. You may also develop presentations and provide appropriate interpretation and value-added knowledge based on your experience and understanding of the data. Your talents will be utilized towards the development of new reporting methods and options that provide executives with high quality data for decision making. Your workincludes the use of valid statistical/mathematical concepts, models and simulations, by programming reports and ad hoc queries using tools such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy and Oracle.
The successful incumbent isable to work effectively in a team environment, while also independently managing projects and tasks.If you area skilled analytical thinker and researcher, an effective communicator, have excellent time management techniques, and thrive in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues.With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Maire.McAdams@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Recent, related experience must include at least three of the following:
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, business management, or social/health science field, or related field and a minimum of 1 year progressive and recent, related experience*; OR
- Diploma in statistics, mathematics, business management or social/health science field, or a related field and a minimum of 4 years progressive and recent, related experience*; OR
- No degree or diploma and a minimum of 6 years progressive and recent, related experience*.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience with visual analytics programming and reporting (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI).
- Experience with analytical and extraction software (e.g. SAS, SQL, MicroStrategy, Oracle) to write computer programs to extract and manipulate data within a data warehouse environment.
- Experience in data analysis, conducting qualitative and quantitative research, and providing advice and recommendations. Preference may be given to applicants with this experience in the health care sector.
- Practical research experience gathering, synthesizing, evaluating and interpreting information. Preference may be given to applicants with this experience in a health or social science setting.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse stakeholders both internal and external.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Health Services, Policy, Research and Economics