We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouver area What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining CIBC's Identity - Security, Governance & Tools team within the Identity & Remote Access group. As a File Services Engineer, you will provide subject matter expertise for critical Enterprise file services governance infrastructure as well as projects/initiatives as they relate to the design, implementation and support of major infrastructure technology. You'll support end-to-end project implementation. You'll collaborate with a diverse team to create and build flexible, innovative solutions that deliver a best-in-class client experience. You'll build and maintain a strong relationship with Information Security and other partners, driving the execution of strategies. You will maintain best practices, methodologies and organizational standards.
The Identity - Security, Governance & Tools team is accountable for Engineering & Operational Support of CIBC's Enterprise Identity infrastructure and File Services Governance. The team is accountable for services such as Varonis DatAdvantage & DataPrivilege, Active Directory / Azure Active Directory, SSO services (Azure SSO, PingFederate), Multifactor Authentication services (Azure MFA, RSA), Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access Policies, just to name a few. The selected candidate will have experience, and will provide subject matter expertise and 3rd level support, in the File Services governance discipline. You will have knowledge and experience building, deploying and supporting access governance services and solutions.
Strong knowledge of security principles across unstructured data, privileged access management, identity & access management & Active Directory is a must. Working experience / expertise of Varonis DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege, and integrating these products with O365 (SharePoint Online, Teams & OneDrive), is a plus.
This role requires the successful candidate to periodically work outside of normal business hours to assist with implementations and to provide L3 support as needed; flexibility to work remotely and onsite; knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems; ability to build healthy working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers; ability to impact decisions within and outside of their own organization.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouve area How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Leadership - Provide technical leadership and best practices to infrastructure teams. Build strong relationships, lead discussions, listen and ask the right questions to ensure solutions meet requirements. You'll manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities, using effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Solution Design & Execution - You'll design, develop and test emerging file services governance infrastructure including introduction of new product features / enhancements. You'll provide senior level consulting in identifying and solving complex and highly critical issues, engaging vendors when necessary.
- Remediation - Lead remediation efforts for critical issues and vulnerabilities, working closely and fostering close relationships with our Information Security partners. You'll analyze data and services to identify opportunities for improvement in functionality, quality and validity, and recommend solutions that may cross multiple teams, functions, processes and platforms.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate expertise of security principles across unstructured data, privileged access management, identity & access management & Active Directory; Strong knowledge of infrastructure platforms - Active Directory, CIFS File Systems, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, SQL; governance principles and methodologies, including ownership, accountability, segregation of duties and chain of custody; key security standards and regulations (ISO, GLBA, SEC, SOX); building, implementing and supporting file services governance infrastructure .
- It's a strong asset if you have experience and expertise with Varonis-based solutions - DatAdvantage for Windows, DataPrivilege for folder and group management & entitlement reviews, Data Classification Framework for Windows and SharePoint Online (O365), DatAlert and DatAlert Analytics, Automation Engine for Windows.
- You have a degree/diploma in a related discipline with 10+ years working experience in Information Technology and 5+ years specifically with security & access governance using identity and access management tools.
- It's an asset if you have experience with Agile methodologies.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard. You are able to build healthy working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making. You can demonstrate experience and knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving complex technical problems.
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .
British Columbia VIRTUAL Employment Type
Azure Active Directory (AAD) Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Identity Access Management (IAM), Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Management