20782 Position Type:
Taylor,BC, Canada Location:
Taylor Pulp (BC16) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Engineer/Specialist, Reliability - Pulp The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Reliability Engineer/Specialist
at our Taylor Pulpmill
outside of Fort St. John, BC. The Role:
The Reliability Specialist will be responsible for condition monitoring and troubleshooting equipment, as well as advising maintenance and operations personnel on the diagnosis, possible corrective actions, and life expectancy of problem equipment throughout the mill.
Key components of the job:
- At Canfor, Safety comes first. Safety must mean a lot to you and you must create a high level of awareness in the pulp mill environment. This includes compliance with all occupational health, industrial and safety policies.
- Your focus will be to provide technical support in the resolution of mechanical problems as well as the development and implementation of improvements and modifications to improve equipment reliability.
- You will play a key role in evaluating and utilizing current and new technologies for condition monitoring and diagnosis of equipment.
- You are familiar with vibration analysis and will support the collection of vibration data in a timely manner
- You will provide a detailed analysis of problem equipment and recommend solutions to improve or repair defective equipment when necessary
- You will complete reports on maintenance requirements and schedule plans to repair equipment
- You will provide support to the Operating teams including but not limited to, leading meetings, completing reviews, and facilitating failure analysis sessions
- You understand the process of thermography and will be able to perform regular Infra-red camera inspections and analysis while maintaining a collection of IR Routes
- You are comfortable with the use of sonic and ultrasonic devices for condition monitoring of equipment
- You will request oil samples periodically and monitor results while reviewing oil analysis data on equipment
- You will review maintenance and intelligence data collected by software and hardware systems in place, and support other condition-monitoring tools provided.
- You will monitor and review daily vibrating/noisy or high-temperature alarms generated by software and hardware systems in place, and ensure proper corrective actions are taken to address any major concerns.
- A strong mechanical background and knowledge of industrial equipment are considered a necessity
- Completion of an accredited vibration, thermography and oil analysis certification preferred
- Completion of an accredited CMVA Category 2, or Vibration Institute Level 1 coursecompletion within two years after hiring is required.
- CMRT (Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician) is an advantage.
- A willingness to learn new concepts, suggest improvements and initiate change when necessary
- Strong leadership characteristics as well as decision-making, and trouble-shooting skills are an asset.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident, and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer a pensionand other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are good neighbors in our communities and responsible stewards of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The picturesque community o f Taylor is small but gro wing and near to BC's Energetic City - Fort St. John, which is only 14 km away. The area's surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john Job Segment:
Social Media, Technical Support, Marketing, Technology
Sales and Marketing