West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team.
There is an exciting 8/12/16 month co-op
employment opportunity working in a West Fraser mill for an Engineering Student starting inJanuary 2023
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Quesnel River Pulp division has an opportunity for a:RELIABILITY ENGINEER, CO-OP
The successful candidate will be working as a Reliability Engineer Co-op Student and will participate in safety, production, maintenance and engineering programs as required. This may include assisting with other projects, troubleshooting, optimization and upgrades.
The successful candidate will improve mill operation through the investigation of failures and proposal of improvements, analysis of data and historical information to develop optimal maintenance strategies, provide expertise in support of developing Reliability programs. Key Responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Problem solving mechanical and process issues
- Gathering field data, analyzing the data and making conclusions
- Assist with the redesign of machinery
- Assist with larger reliability projects
- Electronic equipment database development and construction
- Equipment lubrication determination and calculations
- Manage small reliability projects
- Additional Activities:
- Propose new projects or product trials
- Optimize maintenance and inventory practices
- Propose changes to internal maintenance and operational processes
- Manage small projects and supervise contractors
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Engineering program in Mechanical Engineering with good grades
- Students enrolled in a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology with relevant work experience will be considered
- Positive, and self-motivated
- Willing and eager to learn
- Able to develop trusting work relationships quickly and effectively
- Solid troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
You will learn:
- Microsoft Office suite with high-level proficiency in Excel
- AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience is an asset
- Health & Safety awareness
- Pulp Mill Operations
- Communication skills
- Usage of business systems such as maintenance and purchasing systems
- Working in a team.
Quesnel River Pulp produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp using a high yield mechanical pulping process. We take pride in our safety record, our environmental performance, the quality of our final product, and the skill and dedication of our employees. We constantly strive to be an industry leader.
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn't take long to feel part of Quesnel's welcoming community.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence athttps://www.westfraser.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Please submit yourresume and cover letter
beforeSeptember 30th, 2022
Education and Training