This is an excellent opportunity to join the Product Reliability Team. The new hire will be responsible for providing reliability engineering support for Ballard's fuel cell products. The individual will use standard reliability engineering principles and technical skills to define, measure, model, and improve the reliability and robustness of Ballard's fuel cell products. The scope of work includes topics such as: design for reliability and robustness, failure avoidance, supplier component reliability, reliability growth, statistical analysis, modelling, and reporting.Key Responsibilities:
- FRACAS / PRACAS / FRB: Support the Failure / Problem Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (and Failure Review Board) for all of Ballard's product lines, working on key areas such as problem definition, root cause analysis, preventive and corrective actions, effectiveness, and prevention of recurrence.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Support NCR/QCR data analysis and data compilation for standard reports. Collaborate cross functionally to maintain and refine reports as required.
- Support maintenance and improvements of reliability engineering processes and related documentation.
- Analysis & Modelling: Perform a variety of analysis and modelling functions, such as: descriptive statistics, Weibull analysis, maintainability and availability, warranty, physics-of-failure modelling, Monte Carlo Simulation, optimization and decision models, Fault Tree Analysis, Reliability Block Diagrams, and tolerance analysis.
- FMEA: Support and/or facilitate Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, with specific emphasis on cause - failure mode - effect relationships, effects and severities, causes and occurrences, prevention and detection actions, and special characteristics.
- Collaborate across the Ballard organization to improve system component data from suppliers, supplier testing, or internal Ballard testing.
- Mechanical/Chemical/Physics or equivalent Engineering degree (BASc or MASc)
- 1- 3 years of related experience in reliability engineering or related fields
- Ability to use first principle methods for model development and verification
Experience with the following tools is an asset:
- Ability to summarize large amounts of data into decision ready information
- Ability to use analysis tools such as Excel, Analytica, Weibull++, etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship/interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Fuel cell experience
- Mechanical equipment, mobile equipment and or electrical equipment
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, VBA Macros, Powerpoint, etc)
- Advanced Excel skill and programming VBA macros is an asset
- ReliaSoft Office Suite (Weibull++, BlockSim, Reno, etc)
- Oracle Agile (specifically PQM) or other PLM/PQM applications
- APIS IQFMEA or other FMEA applications
We are looking for someone who excels in providing solutions to completion and can contribute to developing the department and the team. If you meet the above qualifications and, on a personal level, are highly creative, hardworking, achievement focused, possess a strong attention to detail, superb communicator and have strong interpersonal skills, this opportunity may be of interest to you.
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.